Broken Shivers

Thursday, February 03, 2005

So Long Ago

Before becoming a Christian, I was a student for too many years, studying music, the piano specificially. I was born in Fairfax, VA, only child of a fairly well to do man and his devoted wife. I had an ok if uneventful life until the day the Lord found me. Nothing has been the same since then!

I met and married a wonderful young woman named Maria... ... She died from cancer at the age of 26, leaving me a 6 1/2 month old preemie son named John IV, but we call him Peeps.... ... Some day, I'll tell you about that struggle. A year later, I adopted a little girl who has me wrapped around her tiny fingers. That is Melina...... Almost two years ago, I remarried. My wife's name is Carolyn, Caro to most.... here with her twin brother ... We are having some troubles but hope springs eternal.

We now live in Iowa via Virginia, El Salvador, Brazil and then to Des Moines. And life is just getting started. :)

3 Comments:

  • My how the kids have grown. Melina is so pretty. Daddy is going to have his hands full keeping the guys away from her when she gets older. ;) Thank you for the invite to your blog.

    Hugs, Pumpkin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:17 AM  

  • Thank you Pumpkin. Yes, Melina is a beauty, still the POW (princess of the world). lol I am checking into convents in SA now for the upcoming trials of dad to be eased. :) Thanks for visiting my new blog.

    Johnny

    By Blogger Johnny, at 8:02 AM  

  • You have a beautiful and loving family, there and in Heaven. Though you have troubles, you have also obviously been blessed as well.

    Best wishes all around.

    By Blogger Aravis, at 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home