Broken Shivers

Friday, February 04, 2005

Appearances

Appearances can be deceiving. My son is very tall for his age. So am I. :) Yesterday, after soccer practice, he ran up to me, crying. He had fallen and skinned his knees. I picked him up to comfort him, and his legs, as usual, hung down to my knees and beyond. Hugging him, I noticed one of the other 'soccer dads' looking as though I were unnecessarily coddling the boy and gave him an appropriate dirty look. See my son's face...... the face of a baby. He just turned six years old (his hair is over moussed on purpose, he was playing with the stuff), and he is still a child. He may look 12, but he is only six.

We may be the same in God's eyes. Though we look mature, we may be so new at the practicing of our faith that it is plain we are immature. We start out on 'milk' and have a way to go before we can eat 'meat,' that is be strong in our faith. Along the way, we might stumble and need a little comfort. Like my son's father, my Father is tall enough, strong enough to do the job.

We need to have patience with each other, love each other, not be so judgemental. A little hug can go a long way in life, and appearances can be deceiving.

4 Comments:

  • I absolutely love that photo of Peeps. :) Sweet, sweet face...

    L, me

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 PM  

  • Thank you 'Me' :)

    John

    By Blogger Johnny, at 9:08 PM  

  • Your son is adorable, and you're a lucky man! :0)

    By Blogger Aravis, at 12:00 AM  

  • Yes, I am the most lucky man there is. :)

    By Blogger Johnny, at 3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home