Broken Shivers

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My wife, the control freak...

I believe my wife is a control freak. I bought her 'The Sims 2' for Christmas, and she spends way too much time naming her Sims, clothing them, building and decorating their homes, naming their children and closely monitoring their social life. Oh, and she chooses their occupations.

I'm sure she is much more controlling than I am when I play Civ. I am the leader of my civilization, and I build my cities, roads, railroads, colonies, etc. and eventually I conquer all the remaining civilizations, killing them off if necessary, and claim the whole world as my own which takes a great deal of thought and planning. It's not control really, just perseverance.

I take comfort in knowing my wife will never be able to control me though. Now where are those scrubs she likes me to wear to bed?

So what did you get for Christmas?

3 Comments:

  • So when you play a game like Sims do you opt into whether you want to control the world or manage a household? I mean, do you have to decorate or can you skip that part? Ruling the world would totally stress me out - can't imagine doing that as a way to relax, lol.

    What did I get? I got a really pretty terrarium, a pink cashmere wrap (so nice!), books, and the most un "dana" present ever - a 20 inch flat screen tv for my kitchen. Sigh. I loved the cashmere, though!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:22 PM  

  • Path to Neo Xbox, dia ring, promise to cut down work hours. I gave him a new rifle, asst AG Russell goodies and the op to the game. ~C~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:24 PM  

  • Liam bought me a nice new crockpot, which I made beef stew in yesterday! It was so nice to come home from work to a warm, yummy smelling home. I also got a new dining room table, and a new set of cordless phones because *someone* threw the old one in the toilet! I got some wonderful new teas to try and Santa left socks in my stocking. Liam got *way* too much which was a nice surprise for both of us. It helped that I got a most wonderful job 3 weeks before Christmas. Moods are definitely improved around here and we are looking forward to a New Year filled with lots of love and excitment!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home