Broken Shivers

Friday, December 02, 2005

Blessed redemption...

The days are short now. It's 6:30 p.m. and already cold and dark outside. Another year is growing to a close. I am getting older (my birthday is in December), and my son will be seven, which seems impossible to me. Seems like yesterday that he was a two-pound preemie fighting for breath. Thank God for his blessings and saving power. On the bright side, Carolyn and Melina think I'm the best looking, strongest man alive (wink).

Our new baby moves in the womb, is healthy and is a girl! I am very excited about this baby, as I was about the other two, I guess to see how she will look, being part of both of me and Carolyn. Will she have reddish hair and dark eyes or my green eyes and Carolyn's dark hair? Hopefully, she won't have my long feet and will have Carolyn's beautiful smile. We are searching for name suggestions. We shall wait until she's born to choose one, I'm sure.

Back to my thoughts.. the year is growing to a close. I didn't get accomplished all I wanted to, but I accomplished a lot. Hopefully, there will be another year to work and worship and celebrate and many years after. But soon, Christmas will be here. The kids are excited. I am too. Christmas offers us a wonderful message. Emmanuel: God with us. He who is God was willing to come to earth. He breathed our air, walked our roads, knew our sorrows, shared our joys and died for our sins. He came to show us the way and take us unto himself. Oh, blessed redemption.

15 Comments:

  • Congrats on your new baby girl. And how old will you be this month?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:11 PM  

  • Goodness me, it does seem like just yesterday. That baby picture of John is still salient in my mind, a little piece of hair stuck straight up.

    How wonderful, a baby girl! I'm sure she will bring both you and Carolyn much joy!

    Cheers
    Di

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 AM  

  • You look beautiful to me in the photo. :)

    By Blogger Johnny, at 9:26 AM  

  • And in person, and in my dreams. That should cover it. :)

    By Blogger Johnny, at 9:26 AM  

  • Thank you Anon. I will be 43 years old on my birthday. My wife is only 30 and my kids are 6 and 5. I will have to work many more years, may God bless me with endurance. :)

    By Blogger Johnny, at 9:28 AM  

  • Di, Peeps.. oops, I mean J.W. still has a 'cowlick' that sticks up from time to time, but he is quite the dapper dan, very neat and clean and into brand-name duds and shoes, etc. He's already eyeing the girls. What shall I do if he turns out just like me? lol

    By Blogger Johnny, at 9:29 AM  

  • Yes, blessed redemption. Well said, John. I am uplifted today because of your words.

    Carl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 AM  

  • You two are so lucky! I'm happy for Melina that she's going to have a sister and for JW that he gets to remain your only son. Seems perfect to me:)

    By Blogger Hopeful, at 6:38 PM  

  • Sounds good to me too, Dana. I doubt J.W. gets to remain the only son. I have a feeling JW Sr. will have a house full of babies before he's a very old man. :)

    John, does Carolyn have naturally curly hair?

    Rita

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 PM  

  • >>What shall I do if he turns out just like me? lol


    Only one thing to do ... fasten your seatbelt :)

    By Blogger SweetT, at 9:05 PM  

  • lol SweetT. A seat belt might not help much. When I was 14, I had an affair with an older woman of 18. For four years no less, and the folks never caught on. Of course, I was not a Christian. I was in love only as a 14 year old can be. Madly. :)

    I will maim JW if he does that. lol

    It did me no harm that I know of, nor her for she married richly when she was 19 and is sitll married with kids. Still, that was too young and it took away from studies, etc. I managed to not fail anything, but a couple classes were borderline. At 14, I was over 6 feet tall and looked older than I was ( but didn't need to shave until I was 16. :)

    By Blogger Johnny, at 9:44 PM  

  • Rita, Carolyn does have naturally curly hair which she complains about a lot, saying it kinks up in humid weather, does it's own thing no matter what she does, etc. I think it's beautiful. How does one please a woman anyway? I just bought the ring for the finger I was wrapped around and let her do her own thing since. :)

    By Blogger Johnny, at 9:47 PM  

  • lol Caro, you don't look fat at all... but what in the world are you doing? :)

    By Blogger SweetT, at 9:26 AM  

  • She was pointing at and laughing at this guy in his Halloweeen costume. :)

    http://members.aol.com/the7jwms/cclaps.jpg

    By Blogger Johnny, at 12:15 PM  

  • John, if he turns out like you, you might like to thank God. ;)

    Di

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home