Broken Shivers

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Who? Me?

I recently called an elderly lady who belongs to our church because she had not attended for a while. She said 'oh, I'm nobody. I doubt anyone noticed.' I said 'I noticed.'

Looking through the Bible, I've noticed that it is rare that a great thing was done by a crowd or a megachurch or even a famous preacher. Most significant events were put into action by one person. Some of the most 'famous' names in biblical history were those who probably considered themselves insignificant.

In Matthew 27:32, we read of Simon of Cyrene who helped carry Jesus' cross. One event, his '15 minutes of fame' and he will be remembered forever.

We, too, have a place in God's heart and His plans. No one who is a child of God is insignificant. As one beautiful song goes 'who am I that the son bled and died for?' You should not put down one that Christ died for, not even yourself.

5 Comments:

  • Blessings to you for bless an elderly saint.

    By Blogger Callmeteem, at 6:04 PM  

  • Yeah, Thanks John. Good reminder.

    Mayo Q

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:48 PM  

  • You're welcome Queen. :)

    By Blogger Johnny, at 9:50 PM  

  • You should take a poll from your preacher friends and see how many actually visit the missing. It's no wonder that churches are coming up short. You have to make people feel wanted.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 PM  

  • My preacher friends all visit the 'missing,' at least once. I am more concerned with visiting the sick and the lost. The 'missing Christian' knows where the church is and why he should be there.

    I don't think whatever failures of Christianity are should be placed squarely at the preacher's door either. He's just one part of the equation.

    This must be 'diss the preacher' week. lol

    By Blogger Johnny, at 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home