Broken Shivers

Sunday, October 30, 2005

But can you prove it?.

Rarely does a day go by that some nonbeliever doesn't tell me that I can't 'prove' that God exists or that I am 'saved,' etc. My answer is 'no, I cannot, no more than you can prove he doesn't exist or that I'm not saved.'

I know what I know. I know what happened to me. I know what's inside me and why I believe as I do. Most importantly, I 'know whom I have believed...' How do I know? By the eye of faith. How do we know anything? By what we see, hear and believe. I know there is electricity when I flip the light switch. I do not know all the ifs, ands and buts about electricity, but I know it exists.

There is an old gospel song that goes something like 'I can tell you the time; I can show you the place, where the Lord saved me by his wonderful grace...' Well, I can tell you the time and show you the place. You may or may not believe me, but you can't disprove it. I know because I know; I was there; I heard his voice; I believed. That can't be taken from me.

RomansĀ 3:3 "For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?" No one's unbelieve makes my faith without effect.

RomansĀ 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."The nonbeliever, the mocker and scoffer even, have no faith because they do not listen to the word of God.

GalationsĀ 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Glory.. thank you Lord.

4 Comments:

  • I'll say an amen to that. :)

    Math 10:32 "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven."

    di

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:18 PM  

  • I will echo that AMEN !!! :)

    You know my life verse has been Gal. 2:20 without Him, heaven only knows where/what I would be today.
    Thank you for the wonderful blog today.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:34 AM  

  • Well said, Jeff.

    Carl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 PM  

  • When I first met you, Pumpkin, I thought your name was Gal. :) That was before I named you Pumpkin. But Gal. 2:20 is a wonderful verse.

    By Blogger Johnny, at 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home