Broken Shivers

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

His journey here is over..

M. Scott Peck who wrote 'The Road Less Traveled' and other wonderful books has died of cancer. Because of him and his works, I walked the road with much more confidence in myself and my Savior and have much more patience with my brothers and sister. When my time comes, I hope I have one tenth the impact on the world, for good, as did Mr. Peck. By now, I know he's out of pain and awaiting God's words 'well done, my good and faithful servant.'

The Road Less Traveled, was published by Simon & Schuster in 1978. The book has sold over six million copies to date in North America alone, and has been translated into over 20 languages.

Dr. Peck's second book, People of the Lie: The Hope For Healing Human Evil, was published by Simon & Schuster in October of 1983. It is recognized as a ground-breaking contribution to the field of psychology, and is currently a best seller in Japan. It is my favorite of his books.

Dr. Peck was a medical doctor, a practicing psychiatrist. He began his Christian walk as a Methodist.

1 Comments:

  • In the 'People of the Lie,' wasn't he talking pretty much about sociopaths?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home