Broken Shivers

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Speak up...

Have you ever had someone suddenly 'shun' you, just not associate with you anymore, leaving you wondering what in the world you did to deserve such treatment? Why is it that some people just won't 'speak up?' Is it a fear of confrontation?

I prefer, when I have offended someone, somehow, that they say so and why. Else, how will I ever learn what I say or do that might be inappropriate? If I defend myself, and they understand me, then maybe a friendship is saved. If they still feel they are 'right,' the air has been cleared anyway, and both have had their say, and no one is left to wonder. 'Is it my breath?' lol

Proverbs 10:18 "He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool."

6 Comments:

  • If someone is shunning you,it's their loss. :)

    Rita

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 PM  

  • Only once. A girlfriend just suddenly stopped speaking to me - totally and completely. I was very hurt.

    Later I found out that her boyfriend lied and told her that I had told him she was cheating on him (which she was in fact doing, but I would never have told). He apparently had a hunch and figured he would "catch" her. I consoled myself that she shunned a reasonally kind and loyal female friend for a liar boyfriend and it was her loss. But it still hurt. And I never got a chance to tell her the truth, if I had wanted to, which at the time I did but in retrospect it was just as well that I didn't:(



    Dana

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:40 AM  

  • That 'in retrospect' sometimes takes the fun out of our reality, doesn't it? :)

    By Blogger Johnny, at 12:47 PM  

  • I think some people have decided that I am not pious enough, that they are more 'sanctified' than I am. In other words, they have more 'fundamentalist' beliefs than I do. They have weighed me in the balance and found me 'wanting,' i.e., lacking.

    By Blogger Johnny, at 11:43 AM  

  • I hope it wasn't me.
    The mayo queen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:31 PM  

  • ha ha Iva. :)

    No MQ, it wasn't you. Wouldn't you know? (wink)

    By Blogger Johnny, at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home