Broken Shivers

Saturday, February 05, 2005

A touch of white lace...

Today was our first day together as a family since Caro and I separated some months ago. As I went to pick her up, I wondered if she felt awkward, felt that she was 'on trial' and wondered how I could ease the situation. I prayed that God would help us all, for it has been a most difficult few months. The day, in fact, turned out very well. The children were happier and more 'accepting' than I could have hoped for, and she seemed genuinely pleased to be with us all. As for me, I remembered a poem I wrote a few years ago, before I met Caro. It was appropriate for how I was feeling. Her perfume is Shalimar, and I have missed her.

Undone
-- JWM

The warrior surveyed the size of his realm,
Swaggering forth
Head protected by helm.

A glint in his eye, clear vision, could see.
Swaggering forth
The conqueror was he.

His heart now racing, breathing was fast
Swaggering forth
Thinking victory at last!

Great was his smile, gloating look on his face
Swaggering forth
To finish the race.

Unaware of the danger, he met a fair maid.
Swaggering forth
A great price he then paid.

She lowered eyelashes, smiled gently and then
Gracefully passing
Looked closely at him.

He fell to his knees, yes fell on his face
Undone by perfume
And a glimpse of white lace.


4 Comments:

  • Nice poem. :)

    What about you? Did you feel 'awkward' or 'on trial?'

    By Blogger Charles, at 4:29 AM  

  • No, I did not feel awkward or 'on trial.' I have, however, dealt with the 'what ifs' for months. I was a bit anxious that the children not be upset. My and Caro's failures have shaken me to my foundation, I won't deny it. It has been both painful and embarrassing, even humiliating at times. For a while, I felt like throwing up my hands. But... she is the same woman I loved and married a little less than two years ago and, although the circumstances changed, my feelings haven't. We are blessed to have a 'second chance.' My roles, if you wish to call them that, of husband and father are most important to me. She wants me and she wants to try again. So do I.

    By Blogger Johnny, at 8:02 AM  

  • ""My and Caro's failures have shaken me to my foundation, I won't deny it. It has been both painful and embarrassing, even humiliating at times""

    Reading that just cuts into my heart like a knife. I was stupid and foolish but never, never did I intend to embarrass or humiliate you. That you have forgiven me is a miracle, and I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you and the children if I can. I did and do love you.

    Carolyn

    Caro

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:14 AM  

  • I am sorry my words hurt you. I was trying to answer Charles honestly. That is behind us. Thank you for a wonderful afternoon. :)

    By Blogger Johnny, at 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home