Broken Shivers

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

It's a puzzlement

There is a forum on Delphi that is rabidly anti-Christian. Using a form of false advertisement, they lure unknowning Christians into the forum, thinking it is a Christian forum when it is anything but... This week alone, nine Christians have been banned from the forum for doing nothing but disagreeing with one of the moderators. Although the Christians were cursed, reviled, lied to and lied about and did nothing of the kind themselves, they were banned.

There is one Christian, however, who never gets banned. He is into apologetics, i.e., 'defends the faith.' He is quite good at it. I have asked myself all week 'why does this Christian stay or why is he allowed to stay' when others who are less able and less 'offensive' are made to leave? Is he really 'one of them,' not a Christian at all, a 'wolf in sheep's clothing?' Or do they need a 'resident Christian' to keep the forum going and he's the least offensive one? Or, is it because he never never defends his Christian brothers and sisters? I suspect the last choice but how to know? Genesis 4:9 "And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?"

One might say, why should this man defend the other Christians. If you enter such a place, you should stand on your own? Should you? He might say 'it is not my place?' Isn't it? The nonChristian haters certainly take up for each other, why shouldn't the Christians? One might say, 'if he does, he will be thrown out too.' So? Is it more important to shine in the eyes of the evil ones? What do you think?

What kind of brother doesn't defend another brother (or sister)? Luke 6:16 says 'And Judas the brother of James, and Judas Iscariot, which also was the traitor.' So is this Christian more a traitor than he is a brother (Christian brother)? In defending the faith, does the Lord wish us to sacrifice our brothers and sisters? I don't think so. And what about the damage he does in the others' eyes, that they can get one of 'us' to support one of 'them?' Does it strengthen their position and weaken ours? Are they able to point their collective fingers and say 'ah ha, he agrees with us. HE is a reasonable Christian. There others are fakers and not like Jesus.' The Jesus they don't even believe in, by the way, the Jesus they revile and virtually spit upon each and every day.

In parting, Matthew 18:6 says: "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." I don't think that just applies to the pagans and atheists on that forum but also to the so-called Christians who abandon their brothers and sisters to the evil one.


4 Comments:

  • As a Christian this person should be sticking up for other believers. If he doesn't then, in my opinion, it would look to me that he sides more with the non-christians in the forum. It sounds like he can talk the talk but does he really walk the walk???

    Jan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 AM  

  • I have wondered about that too Jan, but, having seen him in action (his bible knowledge is quite impressive) I'm inclined to believe it's a matter of pride. I think he's full of it. I think he's convinced himself that the possibility of winning one wicked one is worth the sacrifice of 99 good ones. I think he may think he's the only one capable of doing that, that he will succeed where the other 99 fail. I'd rather think that than think that he's one of them, an antichrist. But... I really don't know. Good to hear from you sweets. :)

    By Blogger Johnny, at 1:43 PM  

  • His cognitive abilities are quite high so I don't think he suffers from drug or hooch withdrawal. Good point though.

    By Blogger Johnny, at 7:42 PM  

  • I believe I now know who he is and may have 'prejudged' him too harshly. I still, though, wonder why no man on that forum, no Christian man, tried to help my wife when they treated her so roughly. She did not deserve that at all.

    By Blogger Johnny, at 5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home