Broken Shivers

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Just thinking...

Sometime during my moments of glee over both West Virginia and Virginia Tech winning their games this weekend, I began to think about what is really important in life. It crossed my mind that only two things alive today will last, not team victories, not political parties, not big corporations. The only things that will last are people and the Word of God. Everthing else will be burned up. Sort of gets your priorities straight, doesn't it?

"The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever." — 1 John 2:17

2 Comments:

  • Hey John,
    I've sent a few emails to your hotmail address ... is that still a good email!

    Marsha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:05 AM  

  • Thank you Jeff! Happy new year buddy...

    Marsha, I do use the hotmail addy but not as often, maybe check it once a week. The last email I remember from you was one with a theological question which I answered. You can use the email addy at the bottom of this page if you prefer.

    By Blogger Johnny, at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home