Broken Shivers

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Looking forward...

Many people, when a new year begins, look back over the old year, sing the old songs, sigh and say goodbye, etc. I'm not much of a guy to look back. I like to look at where I am or forward. It's 2006 already, and we have a new baby to look forward to and pretty soon. It may not get a name but we are looking forward to it arriving. I think Carolyn is considering Chelsea Grace or Fia Elizabeth right now, but I've noticed Carolyn's mind is subject to change... quickly.

I've got some friends in local politics who are good people, and I hope to see them elected. My investments are going pretty well. I look forward to a few good revivals/concerts. The kids are doing well in school. Everyone is healthy. I look forward to a good year in my practice. I realized earlier today that I had thought of most everything except what I was going to do for God in 2006. Are you like that. It's not that we don't care. I know I do, but sometimes I put his work last when his work should be first. Shame on me. So, I'm going to spend a good deal of my devotion and prayer time on planning 2006 for God. What about you?

EcĀ 11:6 "In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand, for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good."

2 Comments:

  • Because I'm a shut in now, I mainly stay in touch with folks, send a card, show them I'm thinking of them. I tithe and try to support charitable activities of the church. I bake pies for the bake sales. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 AM  

  • By the day week or year, it really is easy to put God last. I guess for me, this year I am trying to pray God into what I already do all day rather than try to create "God time" and "life time." Not that I don't want and need prayer and study time, but I need to do better at asking God to homeschool with me, drive with me, think in me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home