Broken Shivers

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Men and Women ;)

My friend, Charles, just did a suicidal entry on his blog. lol It did, however, get me to thinking about men and women (not men vs. women), specifically marriage.

As in most things, I view marriage through the 'eyes' of the bible, the word of God. I do not think God’s intent in marriage was tyranny. It's not about how much power one can exert over the other. Marriage should be a model of love, service, and grace that weave together to make a circle so strong that it can’t be broken. If the tradition is not built upon that foundation, then it will crumble. Within that circle is all kinds of room for love of children, home, all kinds of things, but the man and woman make the circle. To me, marriage is 'one-ness,' when two people give up their individual selves and merge into one couple. Each still has a personality, of course, but selfishness should give way to caring. My opinion, of course.

There are as many kind of 'couples,' many ways men and women are attracted to each other. It is, though, quite complicated, isn't it? If I had to admit it, I like a particular 'type' of woman. A particular type in looks and actions. It's how I'm wired, I guess.

6 Comments:

  • You are not a tyrant, darlin. :)

    Caro

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 PM  

  • Oh, I forgot. What's your 'type?'

    Caro

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 PM  

  • My type? lol baby, go look in the mirrow.

    By Blogger Johnny, at 9:57 PM  

  • See... you work me up so much I can't spell. lol

    By Blogger Johnny, at 9:58 PM  

  • You have a very good definition of marriage in my opinion. :)

    Jan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 AM  

  • Thank you, Pumpkin

    By Blogger Johnny, at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home