Broken Shivers

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Call me skeptical...

From recent news: "after Ted Haggard, the evangelical leader who resigned as the result of a three-year-affair with a male prostitute, emerged from just three weeks of intensive counseling to declare himself now 'completely heterosexual."

I am a Christian, a minister and a therapist, and I don't believe a word of it. Not that I don't believe in 'miracles.' My God is a God of miracles. But mircales are usually observable by others, are not 'self serving' blurbs for the evening news. In addition, I believe although I cannot prove that homosexuality is a 'genetic' condition or, at the least, the predisposition to be so is born in one. My reasons for believing this are many but the major reason is the consistent, solid number of homosexuals in the population as long as such things have been recorded. Even if I'm wrong, and it is a 'sinful choice,' one either seems to go one way or the other and doesn't suddenly change direction because he got caught in the media eye. We'll be watching Brother Haggard, and if I'm wrong, I'll apologize. Don't hold your breath. He and his kind of Christianity makes it so difficult on the solid believer who obeys God every day, not just when he's on the hot seat.

Discouraging news: "A survey of 1,000 American women found that they most valued their clothing, more than sex, and would gladly abstain from sex for 15 months (gladly....) in exchange for a new wardrobe. " Nothing to rejoice about here, husbands. Get out the VISA card. Goodbye more privacy.... If there's any space in labs left after testing for the daddy of Anna Nicole's baby, make room for new laws. The Jusice Dept. is preparing for a large-scale expansion of DNAesting of people detained by federal authorities (New York Times). Under current rules, only convicted felons are required to give a DNA sample.

My advice? Keep on keeping on. "When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble." Proverbs 4:12

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home