Broken Shivers

Thursday, February 15, 2007

How cold is it?

Me and my little Valentine...

It is too cold, but supposedly going to warm up later this week. I am ready for some sunshine without the wind. But, it has been a lovely week, all in all. I enjoyed Valentine's day with my lovely wife. We got a sitter and went out 'on the town,' not something we've done much since the baby was born. I had to do my 'Puttin` On the Ritz` routine for her, a long story. She rubbed my back. ;) The simple pleasures of life are the best.



Many years ago, there was a monk who needed olive oil, so he planted an olive tree sapling. After he finished planting it, he prayed "Lord, my tree needs rain." Later, his tree needed sun, and you can guess how it went. The tree did not thrive, and it soon died. He told a brother monk about his experience. This monk said, "I also planted a little tree. I entrust my tree to God. He who made it knows better than me what it needs. I just prayed, "Lord, send what it needs."
Sometimes, we need to relax and let God take care of things ... like the lilies of the field, which need little attention yet they thrive.



"Matthew 6:28: ... See how the lilies of the field grow..."




Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Nice Valentine couple. ;)

    By Blogger Charles, at 12:46 AM  

  • I tend to not worry so much over the lilies, but I will admit the weeds usually bother me more than they should. :)

    By Blogger SweetT, at 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home