Broken Shivers

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

He needs your prayers...

Peter Jennings has lung cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy. His prognosis is not that good. I remember when I was diagnosed with Hodgkins, when I had radiation and chemotherapy. It is one of the most lonely experiences one can have, and the uncertainty of it all is the worst part, the 'not knowing.' Here's some of Jennings' comments to some of his 'fans.'


"Yesterday I decided to go to the office," Jennings wrote. "I live only a few blocks away. I got as far as the bedroom door. Chemo strikes.

"Do I detect a knowing but sympathetic smile on many of your faces? You knew this was coming."

He said Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter, who has undergone chemotherapy for Hodgkin's disease, wrote a note saying the only way to get through therapy is to work your way through it.

"He's a tougher man than I am," he said.


Mr. Jennings could use our support and prayers.

4 Comments:

  • I remember getting your phone call telling me that you had Hodgkins. I was so upset and wished I could do more to help you then to just pray. My heart ached for you. I am so glad that you have been doing well lately. You are such a dear friend and will always have a special place in my heart.

    Pumpkin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 AM  

  • Hi Sophie. Saw your profile, and you're a cute young lady over there in the UK :) Peter Jennings is a famous news man/journalist here in the USA. Thanks for praying.

    Jan .. you, Iva and Sofia were such a big help to me. I did not want to frigten my parents, and I was so worried that I wouldn't make it and my kids would be left both motherless and fatherless. Your prayers and support helped, trust me.

    By Blogger Johnny, at 12:50 PM  

  • I hope that you are recovered.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:40 PM  

  • Thank you anon. I have not passed the 5-year mark yet but my last 3 yearly check ups have been fine. Hodgkins has a pretty good survival rate for 5 years, 85%. 50% for 15 years. I have been blessed.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home