Broken Shivers

Saturday, June 04, 2005

The moral of the story.....

"A Mouse looked through the crack in the wall to see the farmer and is wife opening a package. "What food might this contain?" He was devastated to discover it was a mousetrap.

Retreating to the farmyard, the mouse proclaimed the warning. "There Is a mousetrap in the house!; there is a mousetrap in the house!" The chicken clucked and scratched, raised her head and said "Mr. Mouse, I can tell this is a grave concern to you, but it is of no consequence to me. I cannot be bothered by it." The mouse turned to the pig and told him, "There is a mousetrap in the house." The pig sympathized but said, "I am so very sorry Mr. Mouse, But there is nothing I can do about it but pray. Be assured that you are in my prayers." The mouse turned to the cow. She said, "Wow, Mr. Mouse. I'm sorry for you. But it's no skin off my nose."

So the mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected, to face the farmer's mousetrap alone. That very night a sound was heard throughout the house like the sound of a mousetrap catching its prey. The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness she did not see that it was a venomous snake whose tail the trap had caught. The snake bit the farmer's wife.

The farmer rushed her to the hospital and she returned home with a fever. Now everyone knows you treat a fever with fresh chicken soup, so the farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard for the soup's main ingredient. But his wife's sickness continued, so friends and neighbors came to sit with her around the clock. To feed them, the farmer butchered the pig. The farmer's wife did not get well. She died; And so many people came for her funeral the farmer had the cow slaughtered to provide enough meat for all of them.

So next time you hear that someone is facing a problem and think that it doesn't concern you, remember that when one of us is threatened, we are all at risk." -- Author Unknown

**
A moral of another story: childlike can be cute sometimes; childish rarely is.

**
If I'm boring you, go here:

What song was top on your birthday?

Challenge Darth Vader..need Flash

**
This is a question we asked each other in morning devotions. What say ye?

Which quality best describes your life--exciting, organised, dull--and why?

12 Comments:

  • There is never a dull moment in my life. How could it be with Bruce? lol But, I am not well organized and don't know if I want to be. Is it ia sin not to be well organized? I rather like spontaneity.

    Rita

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:37 PM  

  • Rita, I don't think disorganization is a sin unless it turns into 'sloth.' :)

    Pam, glad you liked the story. We did too.

    By Blogger Johnny, at 3:06 AM  

  • What a great story, Johnny! It went right along with the Pastor's message this morning about caring for others around you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:29 PM  

  • The best quality that describes my life right now is exciting. We have started to the renovations on the house. The living room right now looks like a total disaster but we really are making some progress....lol. Didn't think I would have my computer all week but am able to squeeze some time out now and again when things aren't turned off or pushed aside.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:33 PM  

  • The top song on my birthday was "Light My Fire" by the Doors. I'm so relieved it was something cool:)

    By Blogger Hopeful, at 7:19 PM  

  • What did you fear it would be, Dana? lol

    Jan, you'll have to take some pix for progress reports on your house.

    By Blogger Johnny, at 8:53 PM  

  • My birthday song was 'Bridge Over Troubled Waters' which I think is one of the greatests songs of all time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:55 PM  

  • You guys are such youngsters. My song was Jail House Rock by Elvis Presley no less. I remember when Light my Fire and Bridge over Troubled Water came out. Great songs. I was a teenager. They do bring back the memories.

    By Blogger bridgesitter, at 12:07 AM  

  • Lean on me - by Bill Withers. Heard of the song but not the singer

    By Blogger Jeannie, at 1:55 AM  

  • My bday song was "I Honestly Love You" (Olivia Newton-John)

    By Blogger SweetT, at 8:19 AM  

  • My life is exciting, never dull, perhaps a bit too organized. I have a lot going on and have a lot of friends to go on with, that's why.

    By Blogger Charles, at 10:43 PM  

  • My life is not exciting, yet it's not dull, but it's very chaotic. I too have alot going on, with husbands, (oops, but I thought I'd leave it, sounds interesting) kids, pets and my friend is not nearby, so I communicate with fellow bloggers, which does add something to my life. Some I almost feel a kinship with. hmmmm interesting isn't it? But I can say honestly that I am never lonely.

    By Blogger bridgesitter, at 1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home