Broken Shivers

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Happy birthday, precious...



Our Juleane is one year old today. The picture was taken the first month of her little life. The joy this child has brought into our lives cannot be measured.
We take pleasure in our children, as we should. Except for salvation, they are our most precious gifts, in my opinion. I cannot imagine life without them but, frankly, could lose them in a heartbeat. We live in very perilous times.

I have been reading Stephen Flynn's 'Edge of Disaster.' The possible scenarios of terrorism, storms like Katrina, flu epidemics and all kinds of dangers exist. We can prepare for some, lesson the effects of some, but we cannot avoid all. We can, however, have faith in God.

"Wherever God's finer points, His hand will clear a way."

God, through ways we cannot know, leads his own. I am convinced of this. When the way is not clear, there is no need yet of action. When the time comes, God will reveal what you need to know and/or do. People say to me, "John, that is naive thinking." I answer, "this is how I live." Where should I put my trust? .. in the hands of men, scientists, psychics, even ministers? No, I should put my trust in God and trust him to do what is best for us.

But for today, let us eat cake and make merry. Juleane is a year old today!



2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home